Dear Community Members, DEP Partners and Chamber Members:
These past few weeks the COVID-19 pandemic has caused everyone to adjust their lives. Your business may be experiencing unprecedented hardships right now and we want you to know that the Excelsior Springs Chamber of Commerce is here with the entire community to help and support you through this uncertain and stressful time.
If your livelihood has been affected and greatly diminished by the COVID-19 pandemic, please use this form to let us know what specific ways our community can come together to help you in your time of need.
We also want to introduce to you a local grant program that is being offered through our Chamber of Commerce. The funding from this program is meant to serve as a “bridge” while you wait for business to go back to usual or for when more substantial federal funding becomes available. The money available for this grant is from local businesses and community members who have donated specifically to help our Excelsior Springs businesses. This one time grant is available to any business in the Excelsior Springs community.
• Your business must be located and tax based in Excelsior Springs.
• Your business must still be open, even if you are temporarily shut down due to being non-essential.
• This application is open to all businesses, but Chamber members and/or DEP partners, in good standing prior to 3/1/2020, will be given priority. *Funds may not be used to pay Chamber dues or DEP dues.
• Applications will be reviewed within 48-72 hours and money will be awarded on a rolling basis, meaning that as long as the fund has money coming in, money will be going out.
• The grant committee will consist of a mix of Chamber and DEP representatives and board members. The timeline of awarding money is 100% dependent upon how much money is in the fund. Elaina will communicate with you to let you know where you are in the process.